Department of Physical Environment, Landscape Architecture and Territorial development
2 rue Andre Le Nôtre
49045 Angers cedex 01
tél. : +33 (0)2 41 22 55 26
fax : +33 (0)2 41 22 55 53
Research unit : UP EPHor (Environnement Physique de la plante HORticole)
After a Food Engineering MSc at ENSIA (now AgroParisTech), I made a Ph.D. in chemical and environmental engineering at École des mines d’Albi on coupled mass and energy transfers in deformable porous media. After a post-doctoral position at AgroParisTech studying dairy thermal treatment, I obtain my current position in 2011.
My classes are mostly about transport phenomena and their application to horticulture and landscape architecture, from meteorology (L1) to irrigation scheduling (L3). The scientific knowledge and skills exposed are then re-use and improved during the horticultural science and engineering MSc.
- B1: Meteorology and bioclimatology
- B3: Hydrology and mechanic piratical work
- B3: Thermic, energetic and bioclimatology
- M1: Soilless and undercover crop
- M1: Landscape engineering - Photometry and lighting
- M2: Modeling for horticultural and landscape architecture management (M2 GDV)
- M2: Main variables of aerial environment and leaf energy balance (M2 Biovigpa)
Following the current academic reform that will take place on fall 2017, I will take responsibility of a large student project about the “sustainability of greenhouse systems” in the I2PH (Engineering of the horticultural productions and products) major.
My research interest is about the coupled mass-energy transfers in the context of horticultural production. Currently, two main problematics are investigated: the efficient management of production greenhouse climates, and the studies and modeling of the energy and water transfers in the substrate-plant-atmosphere continuum.
The models developed for the horticultural applications are currently adapted to urban applications. The aim there is to reduced water consumption while guaranteed the ecosystem services of the urban plants – particularly the evaporative cooling to mitigate the urban heat island effect.
• Plantinov’ser (2009-13): Funded by ADEME and Région Pays de la Loire. This project aimed to limit the greenhouse crop systems energy consumption by providing new cultivars and new climatic strategies. The research unit shown the economic and technical interest of dehumidification heat pump. Experimental validation conduced on ornamental crops prove the efficiency of our innovative control strategy.
• Physi’Ho (2012-16): Funded by Région Pays de la Loire and producers. The project aims to understand the interactions between climate, pathogens and hydrangea physiology, and their influence on the plants storage.
• Conser (2012-16): Funded by Région Pays de la Loire. This project aims to improve the understanding of the cucumber plants responses to greenhouse climate. The project made a physiologic reference of the cucumber photosynthetic efficiency according to climatic conditions in order to improve the energetic efficiency of the climate strategies.
• VégétEauVille (2016-19): funded by ADEME. A Ph. D position to quantify the water and energy transfers in the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum in urban condition. The project aims to determine the plant’s influence on the urban microclimate when under water restriction.
• Projet OBAUC (2016-17): funded by Régions Pays de la Loire. The aim of the project is to characterize plant-environment interrelations, to understand and predict plant development. The specific goals are to analyze the combined effects of soil compaction, water supply restriction and shading on plant transpiration, plant biomass as well as aerial and root architecture.
• Nature 4 Cities (2016-20): Funded by the European Commission (H2020). Nature4Cities aims at developing complementary and interactive modules to engage urban stakeholders in a collective-learning process about renaturing cities, develop and circulate an extensive knowledge base on Natural Based Solution (NBS), new business, financial and governance models for NBS projects, as well as providing tools for the impacts assessment, valorization and follow-up of NBS projects. Our aims will be to provide performance assessment of NBS regarding a range of urban challenges by providing definitions of a multi-scalar and cross-thematic set of urban performance indicators.
Chantoiseau, E., Arlabosse, P. 2010. Liquid pressure measurements in a thermally assisted mechanical dewatering process. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. 88, pp 1078–1087.
Chantoiseau, E., Plana-Fattori, A., Doursat, C., Flick, D. 2012. Coupling fluid flow, heat transfer and thermal denaturation-aggregation of beta-lactoglobulin using an Eulerian/Lagrangian approach. Journal of Food Engineering. 113, pp 234–244.
Foucquier, J., Chantoiseau, E., Le Feunteun, S., Flick, D., Gaucel, S., Perrot, N. 2012. Toward an integrated modeling of the dairy product transformations, a review of the existing mathematical models. Food Hydrocolloids. 27, pp 1–13.
Plana-Fattori A., Chantoiseau E., Doursat C., Flick D. 2013. Two-way coupling of fluid-flow, heat-transfer and product transformation during heat treatment of starch suspension inside tubular exchanger. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. 7, pp 334–345.
Plana-Fattori, A., Chantoiseau, E., Doursat, C., Flick, D. 2013. An Eulerian – Lagrangian approach for coupling fluid flow, heat transfer and liquid food product transformation. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 52, pp 286–298.
Matignon A., Neveu A., Ducept F., Chantoiseau E., Barey P., Mauduit S., Michon C. 2014 Influence of thermo-mechanical treatment and skim milk components on the swelling behavior and rheological properties of starch suspensions. Journal of Food Engineering. 150, pp 1–8.
Chantoiseau, E., Migeon, C., Chasseriaux, G., Bournet, P.E. 2016. Heat-pump dehumidifier as an efficient device to prevent condensation in horticultural greenhouses. Biosystem Engineering, 142, pp 27–41.
Bouhoun Ali, H., Bournet, P.-E., Cannavo, P., Chantoiseau, E., Sourgnes, M., 2016. Stomatal resistance of New Guinea Impatiens pot plants. Part 1: Model development for well watered plants based on design of experiments. Biosystems Engineering 149, pp 112–124.
Cannavo, P., Bouhoun Ali, H., Chantoiseau, E., Migeon, C., Charpentier, S., Bournet, P.-E., 2016. Stomatal resistance of New Guinea Impatiens pot plants. Part 2: Model extension for water restriction and application to irrigation scheduling. Biosystems Engineering 149, pp 82-93
Chantoiseau E. and Arlabosse P. (2008) Modelling of thermally-assisted mechanical dewatering, IDS 2008 proceeding, Hyderabad, Nov. 9–12, vol. C. pp 1253–1260.
Chantoiseau E. and Arlabosse P. (2008) Pore pressure measurement during cake filtration, wfc10 process proceeding, Leipzig, April 14–18, Vol. 1, pp 381–386.
Plana-Fattori A., Chantoiseau E., Doursat C., and Flick D., (2010), Modeling the Heat Treatment of a Starch Suspension Inside a Tubular Heat Exchanger, COMSOL Conference 2010 Paris. Versailles nov. pp 17-19.
Chantoiseau E., Planna-Fattori A., Ndoye F.T., Doursat C., Flick D. 2011. An eulerian-lagrangian approach for coupling CFD and population balance equation, in: ICEF 2011. Athens, p. 295.
Plana-Fattori, A., Chantoiseau, E., Doursat, C., Flick, D., 2011. Modelling the heat treatment of a starch suspension inside a tubular exchanger: the influence of food product transformation on residence time distributions, in: ICEF 2011. Athens, p. 1495.
Matignon, A., Chantoiseau, E., Neveu, A., Mauduit, S., Michon, C., Barey, P., Desprairies, M., Mauduit, S. 2012. Influence of skim milk components on the swelling behaviour of starch and rheological properties of starch suspensions, in: The 6th International Symposium on Food Rheology and Structure – ISFRS 2012. Zürich (CH), Suisse.
Chassériaux G., Chantoiseau E., Migeon C., Bournet P.E. 2014. A Dehumidification Strategy to Avoid Condensation on Plants and Spare Energy in Greenhouse Greensys 2013 Séoul October 6-11th Acta Horticulturae. 1037, pp 453–460.
Cannavo P., Migeon C., Tamtial N., Chantoiseau E., Charpentier S., Bournet P.E. 2014. Modelling soil-plant-atmosphere water transfer in greenhouse cultivation, under water restriction: how does plant growth affects transpiration and soil hydrodynamic properties? Proceedings International Conference of Agricultural Engineering, Zurich, 06–10.07, Paper n ° C0204, 8p.
Bouhoun Ali H., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Migeon C., Chantoiseau E., Sourgnes M. 2015. Stomatal resistance modelling using the full factorial design: application to the new Guinea impatiens, Greensys 2015 Evora July 19-23rd, Acta Horticulturae. 8p.
Bouhoun Ali H., Chantoiseau E., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Charpentier S., Migeon C. 2015 Modelling the stomatal resistance under water comfort and restriction to assess the transpiration of a greenhouse New Guinea Impatiens crop, Greensys 2015 Evora July 19-23rd, Acta Horticulturae. 8p.
Bouhoun Ali, H., Chantoiseau E., Bournet, P.E., Cannavo, P., Charpentier, S., Migeon, C. 2015 Modelling the stomatal resistance under water comfort and restriction to assess the transpiration of a greenhouse New Guinea Impatiens crop. Greensys 2015, Evora July 19-23rd, Acta Horticulturae. 8p.
Sourgnes M., Migeon C., Bouhoun Ali H., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Chantoiseau E. 2015. Ability of multiplicative models to simulate stomatal resistance along plant growth: application to the New Guinea Impatiens grown in greenhouse, Greensys 2015 Evora (Portugal) July 19-23rd, Acta Horticulturae. 8p.
Bouhoun Ali H., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Chantoiseau E. 2016. CFD simulation of greenhouse microclimate and crop transpiration under water restriction. CIGR-AgEng conference 2016, 2016, Aarhus, Denmark, Jun. 26 – 29th. In press.
Bouhoun Ali H., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Chantoiseau E. 2016. CFD analysis of Impatiens crop irrigation scenarios inside a greenhouse. CIGR-AgEng conference 2016, 2016, Aarhus, Denmark, Jun. 26 – 29th. In press.
Cannavo P., Bouhoun Ali H., Chantoiseau E., Bournet P.E. 2016 Improving water use efficiency for ornamental crops grown in greenhouses: A substrate-plant-atmosphere model validation for transpiration prediction. Hortimodel 2016 Avignon (France) September 19-22nd, In press.
Bouhoun Ali H., Bournet P.E., Cannavo P., Chantoiseau E. 2016. Stomatal resistance modelling under water restriction conditions by means of design of experiments: Comparison with the Jarvis method. Hortimodel 2016 Avignon (France) September 19-22nd, In press.
Chantoiseau, E. 2005. Connaissance et maîtrise de la cuisson des pizzas. Rapport de stage de fin d’études, ENSIA, Massy. 29 pages.
Chantoiseau, E., 2009. Identification des mécanismes mis en jeu lors de la déshydratation assistée thermiquement par suivi de la pression de pore. Thèse de doctorat, INPT, Université de Toulouse. 208 pages